The Purpose of the Corporation project has published several articles with the intention of stimulating the discussion on responsible and sustainable corporate management. Furthermore, we also comment on relevant policy developments and important events.
List of published articles:
- ICGN 2017 Yearbook "The Purpose of the Corporation"
- Responsible Investor: Non-Financial Reporting: How to Comply? What does it mean for the climate?
- Triple Pundit:
- L4BB (Lawyers for Better Business) blog: “Europe: trend towards increased corporate responsibility”
- IIRC (The International Integrated Reporting Council): “Six ideas for improving reporting – and by extension, corporate governance”
The project has also been cited by several experts and journalists in their articles, blog posts and research studies, which can be found in the list below.
- Dina Medland, Forbes contributor and independent writer:
- Elena K. Johansson in Responsible Investor:
- Simon Caulkin, writer, editor and award-winning business journalist in Financial Times:
- Stefan Stern, director of High Pay Centre and columnist for Financial Times.
- Susanna Rust in IPE:
- Rick Wartzman, executive director of the Drucker Institute in Time Business. "The Long View: Why Maximizing Shareholder Value Is On Its Way Out”
- Katrin Muff, Dean of BSL (Business School Lausanne) in her blog: “Imagine Corporate Governance for a Sustainable World”
- Peter Crow, non-executive director and board advisor in his blog: “The emerging role of the board in business performance”
- Olivier Petitjean, Observatoire des multinationales (published by french non-profit organisation Alter-médias): "Au-delà de la régulation : peut-on transformer les entreprises à la racine ?"
- Jeroen Veldman, Senior Research Fellow at Cass Business School in the Oxford Business Law Blog: "The Modern Corporation Statement on Company Law"
- Andrew Johnston and Tiina Ruohonen in the University of Oslo website “Reporting Back: A Need for Collective Endeavour”
- Peter Tunjic, Founder of DLMA LABS in Governance "Back to the Future: Newton and the Next Economy"
- Uwe Gneiting, Research Advisor for the Private Sector Department at Oxfam America, in OpenDemocracy. "Inequality, business and human rights: the new frontier?"
- Filip Gregor, Head of Responsible Companies in Shift project website: "Paradigm Shift: It's Time to Speak about the Purpose of the Corporation"
Cited in the following reports:
- Friends of the Earth research “Focusing businesses on doing good” p.16.
- Ernst & Young Cleantech and Sustainability Services on behalf of the European Commission: "Resource Efficiency and Fiduciary Duties of Investors"
- Oxfam Briefing Paper "An Economy for the 99%"
Cover picture (CC) Jesse Knish Photography